Monday, October 19, 2015

Episode 9: Wild Dogs and Snakes!

Hey everybody,

Things are going just great here in Colombia. Me and my companion are both doing just swell.

Our house is pretty much just the generic, tiny third-world apartment that you would see in like a James Bond movie. Everything looks and is really old, Except for the fridge, which is just moderately old. It gets really hot but we have a few portable fans so it could definitely be worse.

My area is pretty good. It covers half of our ward and another companionship has the other half. Our area is pretty known to be a tougher area because not as much happens here, but I'm up to the challenge. There are a lot of wild dogs in the streets and a lot of snakes (just ask Zack what snakes are). It is really nothing like anywhere I have been back at home. I'm still adjusting to the culture but it really isn't that bad anymore.

My companion is from Ecuador and is about to complete his first year here. He is a really great guy but is a little bit less outgoing so we're really workiing hard to get better at contacting. But all in all we are doing good so everything is great.

Honestly I have not received a single letter or package from you guys yet. I think that I've received all of the emails but I'm not sure but those shouldn't be a big problem. The letters might have gone to the MTC so they might send them here but I'm not sure. For the Christmas package If you send it to the Mission offices or whatever address it says in the call package should be fine.

It was so great to hear from Sydney and Kali. If you could tell them how grateful I am for their support and I can't wait to see them in a few years and tell them about all the adventures I am having here because it is pretty crazy.

I hope everything is good at home. 

See you guys soon

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment