Monday, April 4, 2016

Episode 32: Elder Parker has left Valledupar!

Hey everybody,

I moved! I am now in a ward called Las Moras that is right on the edge of Barranquilla and a smaller city called Soledad. There are a lot of people here and it's pretty crazy because the stadium for the Colombian national soccer team is in my area so everytime there is a game we can only work in half of our area. But I love this new area and everything that we are doing here.

My new companion is named Elder CondorĂ­. He is from Argentina and has 15 months here in the mission. He is a super good missionary and I have been learning a lot from him.

Conference was so great here. We were able to watch it in the Stake Center and I loved all of the talks. I liked how all of the talks were themed with the temple or the atonement. A really cool experience that I had yesterday was that when we finished and started teaching, the first lesson we had was with a less active member whose brother just died. It was sad to hear about but was great because we were able to apply the talks about eternal families and the atonement with her and it was a super powerful lesson.

So this transfer we probably won't have any baptisms because next week there is a multi-stake conference and then the week after that is the regular stake conference, but we are trying to get people ready for the next transfer. We are working with a man named Samir whose mom and sister are members. He is great and is really enthusiastic about the church but his problem is that his wife is super Christian non-denominational. But his daughter is excited about the church too and wants to be baptized so we are hoping that we can help the whole family.

Well that's pretty much how things are going here. I hope everything is well at home.

See you guys soon.


Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment