Monday, March 14, 2016

Episode 29: Rafael got baptized!

Hey everybody,

Things are going great here. Time is seriously flying by; it feels like I just wrote you guys yesterday. We are doing so much here and it's really awesome to see how much has changed since I got here 5 months ago. 

This week Rafael got baptized!! It was so great and he was so happy. And what's even better is that now the whole family are members of the church. They are all getting ready to go to the temple next month to do baptisms and a few are going to receive their endowments.

For the most part we are still really struggling with investigators attending church but we had a sister attend yesterday named Reyes and she really liked it and is excited to go next week. We also had 23 less active members attend so that was really cool too. 

Transfers end in 2 weeks, but I'm not sure if I will leave or not. I probably will but there have been missionaries who have stayed for almost a year in some areas. I would not be too mad if I left though, because everything is becoming a routine here but I am fine with whatever happens.

I can't believe it is already Easter. We got a letter from the mission president saying that we are going to receive the cards for the Easter video soon but I'm not sure if that will be before Easter if it is in 2 weeks. But thank you for the cards. I will try to print them today.

Um, that's about it. Nothing really exciting is going on. See you guys in a few months.

Elder Parker

Rafael's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment