Monday, June 6, 2016

Episode 40: Meeting with Elder Rasband!

Hey everybody,

How is everyone doing? The jubilee sounds like it was a blast. I'm glad that everyone got to enjoy it. Thank you so much for the pictures. I can't believe that there was a picture of me from so many years ago. And how crazy to see the missionaries from our stake. There are a few that I had no idea had already left for their missions. 

So I am getting really excited because tomorrow. Elder Rasband is coming here to Barranquilla to talk with all of the members and all of the missionaries currently serving in Barranquilla were also invited. So tomorrow I will get to see an apostle!!! Unfortunately there won't be a special meeting for the missionaries but I'm still very excited.

So this last Friday me and Elder Perez were able to work with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Conti from Paraguay. He is a super great guy and we focused a lot on diligence and just tried to have as many lessons as possible while still sharing something significant in every lesson. It was really great because I felt a lot more motivated and that we didn't lose like any time because we were also able to contact a lot of people in the street so I felt really calm and relaxed even though there are times when it is just so hard to talk to people, I just do it anyway. 

I hope everything is going well back at home. I can seriously hardly believe how fast the time has gone here. It's crazy thinking that it is already June and that I will be 19 next month. But I am loving this great oportunity in my life.

And now my testimony in Spanish
Sé que la iglesia es verdadera. Sé que por medio de nuestra obediencia a los mandamientos de Dios y el evangelio de Jesucristo podemos vivir para siempre con nuestras familias. 

Thanks for everything and see you guys soon,

Elder Parker
From Family Home Evening

No comments:

Post a Comment