Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Episode 44: Fish soup and cow liver!

Hey everybody,

How is everybody doing?

So this past week has been a little bit crazy. We have a sister who has been giving us dinner this past week and two of the meals that we have eaten was a fish soup that literally tasted like the smell of Fisherman's Wharf, so that was super great. We also had a meal of cow liver with rice. I am starting to realize how different Colombia is from the United States.

Speaking of which, happy 4th of July!! I can't believe that it is already the month of July. The time has flown by since I got here and continues getting faster every day. I really couldn't find any way to celebrate today so we just went to the mall and ate a knock-off of Subway. It was a little sad, but Colombian Independence Day will be the 20th of this month so I'm sure that will be a special day here.

So about the work here, there isn't very much that has happened here lately. We have been working with Carlos and Yadiris getting them ready for baptism. They have been working hard to get married and are working for the 10th of this month if everything goes well. The date that we have planned for their baptism is the 23rd of July so they can get baptized just a few weeks before I will probably be leaving this area.

I hope everything is going well at home. Nothing really big has happened here but I'll try to take pictures this week. The only problem is that we are really restricted on when we can have our cameras but I'll do my best.

See you guys soon,

Elder Parker

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel, of the three missionary emails I've been reading weekly, yours just took the prize of most endearing! Good job eating that "different" food. I loved your description of the way the soup tasted. I'll have to tell Gma Kitty since her job now is to eat food with no salt in it. Compared to your diet, hers is great! But really it's a challenge for you both, and I salute you!

    ReplyDelete