Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Episode 48: New Companion!

Hey everybody! How is everyone? So this past week we had transfers and me and Elder Pérez were both transferred. He went to Cartegena and I went to... Las Moras. I am still in the same ward, but am now working in the other side. To be honest, I'm a little bummed but I know that this transfer is going to be really great. My new companion is named Elder Araya, a missionary from Northern Chile, in the same mission as where Steven Boyack is serving. He's super funny and has a year and a half in the mission so he really knows a lot about how things work here.

This week has been really uneventful, mainly getting to know all of the members here in the ward. It has been interesting getting to know a lot of the people that I have been hearing about in ward council and from the other missionaries. One of the investigators here is named Heileen, I was able to talk with her before the transfers at church but now I am teaching her and getting her ready for baptism. She is very excited but can't attend church as often as she wants because of her work. But we are trying to get her ready for the 21st of August!

Thank you so much for all of the support that I have had since I got here almost a year ago. I have been able to learn so much from the experiences that I am having and am enjoying it a lot. I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to share a little bit more next week.


Elder Daniel Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment