Monday, October 17, 2016

Episode 58: Excited to be Baptized!

Hey everybody,

Things are going well here in Colombia. I am really interested to see what will happen this transfer because I feel like I will finally be going, but we'll just have to wait and see.

So everything is still going the same with our investigators. We are working with a part-member family. The mom is a less active member and the daughter is an investigator but the two are attending church and the daughter is really excited to be baptized.

Jhony is the only member in his family. We have started to visit with his mom and she attended church when he was confirmed, but we haven't had any progress with the dad or his sister. He is only 13 years old but looks a lot older.

So about the journal, I was writing everyday for the first 3 or 4 months but I lost track of the days and stopped for a while. About 3 weeks ago I started writing again but it's a lot harder now because there really isn't time at night, but I am still writing about 2-3 times a week.

Well, I know that this church is true. I know that the atonement is the greatest gift I have ever seen and it really is a privilege to see it heal the troubled people here.

Have a great week,

Elder Parker
Elder Parker with Jhony on his left

No comments:

Post a Comment