Monday, November 9, 2015

Episode 12: Chikunguña!

Hey Everybody,

Things are going so great here. This week was so fast, I feel like I was literally writing to you guys yesterday.

I'm feeling a whole lot better health wise. The only problem I have right now is that one of the other Elders serving in my ward gave me a cold, but right now he's suffering from an illness called Chikunguña so he isn't a whole lot better. 

I didn't have the opportunity to play the piano in church this week because the ward had their Primary program and also I didn't have a chance to practice, but I should start teaching lessons this Wednesday. And the super cool thing is that the lessons are going to be at the home of one of the counselors in the mission presidency. Crazy, right? Even in the mission field I'm still with a member of the mission presidency.

I am seriously so excited for the Christmas box, so if it doesn't get here in time I might cry. Everyone here is starting to get ready for Christmas and in the part of town where our apartment is, which is generally a nicer area, people have already started putting up Christmas lights. It's awesome how even here in Valledupar, Colombia it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Please tell the Young Women how grateful I am for the effort that they put into the box and how much I am looking forward to receiving it.

Aw, I'm so stoked for Travis!! He's going to have such a blast. I've only been here for 11 weeks and I am already starting to love what's going on. I doubt you will have a chance to see him before he leaves, but if you do please tell him that Elder Parker is stoked for him and wishes him luck with the Lamanites down in Argentina.

I have no idea how long packages usually take to get here. Two of my Zone Leaders are from the United States and they have each been out for a long time so I will ask them tomorrow about the postal service here.

Okay, so a quick experience I had this week. On Friday night we were teaching a new investigator named Heidi for the first time. It was 8 at night and I was exhausted and was super ready to go home and eat, but I tried to focus for just a few more minutes while we taught this last lesson. It was super hard, but I just put all my effort into being alert and participating in the lesson, and it ended up being super great. We taught the 1st lesson and in the end she had serious doubts about the Book of Mormon, but I bore my testimony of how I knew that it was true and that I was willing to give up two years of my life teaching it's principles because of my love for it, and her attitude totally changed. She accepted the invitation to be baptized December 5th so we are super excited about that.

I hope everything is going great at home. I can't wait to see everybody in just about 6 weeks.

Love you all,

Elder Parker
Picnic with the District
Overlooking the river with a mermaid statue
Some cat that got up on the balcony and wouldn't stop meowing

No comments:

Post a Comment