Monday, November 2, 2015

Episode 11: Contacting Like Crazy!

Hey Everybody,

Happy late Halloween!! It was a little rough here Saturday night, mainly because everybody was out or having parties. As a matter of fact, the last like week has been really rough for teaching appointments, but we have been contacting like crazy and have a lot of new potential investigators so that is great. We have been starting to run out of investigators who actually have the desire to progress, so hopefully we can really start to make progress with these new contacts.

The language is definitely getting a lot better. It is much easier to communicate and to teach, but once we start talking about anything but the gospel I start getting very lost. It's really hard because I try to study these things during Language Study time, but there are just so many things we have to do that sometimes the study time just isn't available. But I'm trying my best to get the most out of the situation so hopefully I will continue to progress.

As for the soccer, we do different things every P-day. About 2 weeks a transfer we play soccer for a few hours. This week we had a picnic at a park by a river. It was super cool because it totally reminded me of like Yosemite or something, but then everything around it is developed so that's kinda lame.

Something crazy happened in ward council yesterday. The bishop found out that I can play piano, and there is no one else in the ward that plays so they asked me to play in sacrament meeting and to teach a class on playing piano. How nuts is that?!? I barely know how to play and haven't touched a piano for a month since the piano is not in the church building right now but I am going to be teaching a class if I receive permission from the Mission President. This is going to be an awesome opportunity to serve.

I hope everything is going well at home and can't wait to see you next month.

Love you guys.

Elder Parker


P.S. Photos are coming

No comments:

Post a Comment