Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Episode 20: Internet shops are such a headache!

Hey Everybody,

Sorry I couldn't write yesterday. Here we can only write in little internet shops and the only one's that were available yesterday didn't let me and my companion sit near each other so we weren't able to write. But we were able to find a new shop with a lot of computers so hopefully I will be able to write on Monday for the rest of the time that I am here in Valledupar.

Things sound super great back at home. I hope Emma is doing well and can recover soon. Zach, congrats on the job! That sounds super great, and that's awesome that you are involved in the construction projects too. I feel like I am missing out on all the fun meetings to talk about drywall and stucco and desks.

My stomach has been feeling way better for like the last week. Right now the only problem that I have is that I have been getting a lot of headaches, but I just keep working and trying to focus on helping people.

Things are a little rough with the people we are teaching. We have a lot of people that we are working with, but hardly any of them are attending church. They all just making up excuses when we ask them like that they don't have money for a taxi or they just weren't able to make it. It is really tough and I'm kinda stressed out about it, but I know that if we try our hardest, then things will work out. 

With that being said, we haven't been able to set a date for Sandri's baptism because she wasn't able to attend church this week so we have to wait a little bit longer but she still needs a little more help to be ready for baptism. But German is still attending so that is good, but we are doing all of the effort for him to attend so if we leave I am positive that he is going to go inactive so that makes me really sad, but I just have to try harder to help him find support from the ward.

We have started teaching a girl named Angela who is the sister of a less active member of the ward and she is doing great. She has a great testimony and has started to receive answers and knows that the church is true, so we are super excited. She just has to wait 3 weeks to have enough weeks attending church but she is very happy so we feel really good.

Um, that's basically it. Things are going well, we are working hard and I am super happy. I am learning so much every day and it's so great to be out here.

I love you guys so much and am so glad that you guys can receive the blessings from the work that I am doing here.

See you soon,

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment