Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Episode 22: Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts!

Hey Everybody,

 Sorry I couldn't write yesterday. The email service was down so nobody was able to write but we all have the opportunity to write today.

This week was great. We had a conference with the mission president and had the opportunity to participate in a worldwide broadcast for missionaries. It was all about Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts. The talks were all super great and I am very excited to continue working.

About the mail situation, about two weeks ago I received two letters that I forgot about and this last Wednesday I received the letter sent through the Pouch system. I guess the mail system works but is just very slow.

I am playing the piano every week in sacrament meeting and every time we have a meeting as missionaries, so a couple times every week. It's a little rough because I don't have time to practice at all so I have to sight read everything and the person who chooses the songs likes to pick one's that I have never heard of before, but it's all good. I am getting much better and have been able to give a few mini lessons so hopefully someone else will be able to take over when I leave.

We are still planning on the baptism for Berta this weekend so hopefully everything goes well with that. We are trying to have another one next week for Edwin but are still having some trouble getting permission from his parents. His mom is definitely starting to soften up so we are trying to work with her more.

I hope everyone is feeling better. Please tell everyone how thankful I am for all of the support that I am receiving . I love you guys so much and hope that everything is well at home.


Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment