Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Episode 25: Temple Groundbreaking in Barranquilla!

Hey Everybody,

How is everybody? Things are going so great here. I just got a new companion this past Thursday and he is super great. His name is Elder Tupiz and he is from Quito Ecuador. He has so much energy and is really crazy. He actually reorganized our apartment these past few days and now I think it's almost the apartment of sister missionaries because it is so neat and clean. But it's really nice to have a clean house.

We are still working on having a few baptisms. We have two planned for February 27 for Edwin and Rafael. We are working on organizing our efforts here a little more to be more efficient in our work so hopefully we will be able to have a few more baptisms in the future but we are working on preparing Sandri too for her baptism. It's a lot of work but I really enjoy what we are doing.

I don't know if you have already heard but this Saturday will be the groundbreaking for the Barranquilla temple. We will be able to view the meeting in the chapel here in Valledupar so I am very excited for that. I think that we watched the groundbreaking for the Newport temple but I don't remember anything so it will be a great experience.

I have not received the family calendar yet but if you sent it recently it will probably take a while to get here. I am still far from the Mission office so it might be waiting there for me. The next chance I will have to receive it will be in a few weeks. Hopefully it will come soon, I am excited to see all of the photos.

Thank you for all of the support that I am receiving here. It means so much that you guys are writing and showing support. I can't wait to see you in a few months.


Elder Parker
With new companion, Elder Tupiz
Berta's baptism
Family Home Evening Activity in Valledupar

No comments:

Post a Comment