Monday, February 22, 2016

Episode 26: Success with less actives!

Hey everybody,

This week has been really great. We have been working hard with the less active members of the ward and had a lot of success as 21 of them attended church yesterday (we have over 40 assigned). It was really great to be able to see them in church again, as there were quite a few families that attended for the first time in a while.

The groundbreaking was very cool. We were able to invite a family that we are working a lot with where the grandfather is getting ready to be baptized in a few weeks, and they really enjoyed the experience. And it was also pretty funny because my North American mission president was shorter than some of the Latinos doing the groundbreaking ceremony. But a very special experience.

This week we had an amazing lesson with a less active sister. She hasn't attended church in years due to issues with leaders of the church but we just taught her about forgiveness and it was super powerful. I was really kind of hard with her, but it was all the spirit and it was seriously crazy. It was the strongest I have ever felt the spirit in a lesson.

This week was a little depressing for our recent converts. We only have 5 that are active out of 13, and this past week German basically told us that he really isn't that interested in the church. So that was really hard to hear but we are going to try to help him this week to change his attitude. We are having a few problems with Berta too but she is still attending church so that's good.

I hope everything is going well at home. Things are definitely getting better here. I have been able to evaluate myself on a few things that I need to work on so I feel very good. And I just got over a nasty cold that me and my companion had so that's awesome too.

I miss you guys and will see you in a few months.

Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment